Here the view is king and there are endless opportunities to spot the roaming wildlife, all set against a backdrop of the Drakensberg Mountains far in the distance. The view inside is just as spectacular and the granite rock of the koppie is a key feature of the main house’s design and each room has a different design reflecting African tribal influences and style.
There are 8 rooms at Rock Lodge, including our Master Suite, Makwela Suites, Rock Cliff rooms and the two bedroom Rock Suite, some of which have private plunge pools.
- A luxurious room or suite in one of our beautiful lodges
- All meals, served in a variety of locations around the lodges
- All beverages including a top-quality wine list and fine champagne
- The contents of your minibar
- Twice daily game drives
- A daily walking safari (weather dependent)
- Fully equipped gym at each lodge
- Lounges at each lodge equipped with DVDs, CDs and a small library
- Laundry service (no dry cleaning available)
- Business facilities (details available on request)
- Complimentary wireless available in all guest rooms and public areas
- An observatory, perfect for star gazing
- Informative talks on flora, fauna and conservation that can be organised
on request for both adults and children
- Private dining for up to 6 guests at Safari Lodge’s wine cellar and Rock Lodge’s wine room (subject to availability)
- Local telephone calls
- Taxes and levies
- Aroma Boma spa treatments
- Private game drives
- Photocopying, telephone, fax, and e-mail facilities
- Gift shop purchases
- A Sabi Sand Guest Conservation Contribution fee
Gate and Closest Airport
Ulusaba is approximately a 1 hour and 20 minute flight from the international airport in Johannesburg (JNB) flying by twin-engine aircraft, or 30 minutes from Nelspruit (MQP) and 20 minutes from Skukuza (SZK), via a charter air hop, which are the best airports to use if travelling from other destinations within South Africa. We have our own private Ulusaba airstrip (ULX) and there are daily scheduled and charter flights available.
You can also come by road too from Nelspruit, which will take about 2 hours and 30 minutes.